Personal Information: Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business email address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also excludes your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated two privacy officers who are responsible for our compliance with this policy and with privacy legislation. If you wish to contact either officer please do so using one of the following options:
- By email: email@example.com
- By Mail: Whynter LLC
3320 E Birch St Brea CA 92821 USA.
- Attn: Privacy Officer
What personal information do we collect?
When you purchase a product or service from us, or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests, rebates or promotions we may collect some or all of the following information.
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Email address and facsimile number
- Your occupation
- Your language preference
- Credit card information set out in the application for credit form
- Credit card number or banking information provided during the purchase of a platinum extended warranty
- Model number and serial number of product purchased
- Location where product was purchased
- Original sales receipt(s) or invoice(s) to participate in rebate program
Whynter Innovations Group is committed to protecting your privacy and providing solutions that give you the most powerful, safe, online experience that you can receive. Our web site currently uses a cookie to track the language and country of choice to provide the proper group of products and services in your language of choice.
If you choose not to allow cookies, you can still use our site, however you will be required to provide information related to country and language preference each time you access the site.
The security of your personal information is important to Whynter Innovations Group:
Your personal information is used by us only for the purpose identified below and access to your personal information is limited to those employees of Whynter Innovations Group who need to have access to it.
How do we use Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used to provide products and services to you such as:
- Warranties – To offer you warranty on your Whynter product(s).
- Owners Registration Cards – To collect and store your owner’s registration information for warranty purposes.
- Manufacturer Rebates – Collect and store your information for the purpose of validating entitlement to claim and tracking rebates issued.
- Delivery of Product – Delivery of Whynter product(s) to your place of residence.
- Direct Mail Pieces – When you have authorized Whynter Innovations Group to send you information regarding our products or services.
Sometimes we have to share Personal Information with others:
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of the information with third parties such as delivery services, data entry houses to process owners’ registration cards, Promotional management services to execute rebate programs and issue checks, as well as financial institutions. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose. If the information relates to the warranty or platinum extended warranty, we retain personal information relating to the warranty agreement for as long as that agreement is active. If the information relates to the service or repair we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair or as may be required by law. Unless otherwise specified personal information relating to rebate programs are kept on file for a period of 1 year after the close of the program.
What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we put your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information we collect is necessary for us to sell or supply a product, service or issue a rebate to you, and we cannot do this without the required personal information. Similarly, at times we must disclose your personal information as described above in order